*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

There's Something

photo from Magpie Tales
Come for a cup
Stay for the whole pot
Come for some sugar
Stay for the pie
Come with an egg
Stay to hatch some gossip
There's something about this house.

Come to have a word
Stay for a conversation
Come with an agenda
Stay for the laughter
Come with nothing
Stay for dinner and ice cream
There's something about this house.

Come for a minute
Stay for an hour
Come in from the cold
Stay for the warmth
Come as a neighbor
Leave as a friend
There's something about this house.

submitted for Mag 52

13 comments:

Louise said...

Could be a great song, but certainly a great poem. Really enjoyed it, especially , come as a neighbor leave as a friend!

Helena said...

I absolutely adore this one. I live in an 'something about this house' home. For 22 years I have been content in this place, despite the loud music, laughter and teenagers I trip over of a morning.....!

Trellissimo said...

I think everyone would want their house to be like that...

Jinksy said...

Come for a minute
Stay for an hour

I like visitors like that! :)

Shari said...

Nice house to visit, nice neighbor to have. Nice visit to your blog. Enjoyed it.

Lyn said...

I'll be there in a minute!!What a lovely place to be!!

Susannah said...

I love it. :-)

Kristen Haskell said...

I love the stay to hatch some gossip. That is a great line.

Kathe W. said...

very fun! I'll be right over!

Tumblewords: said...

It has that feel about it - wonderful poem!

Tess Kincaid said...

Wonderful. Wait, I'm coming, too!

Barbara said...

ow, nice, nice, nice
reminds me of something missing

Helen said...

Knock, knock!!