*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Friday, October 14, 2011

Number Five

I dance on the edges of dreams and wakefulness
I hear your laugh
on the car radio
You've been whispering my name at night
I don't believe in ghosts
so I know it's you
You love me; you love me not
You love me; I'm tied in knots
Words puzzle me
How they fit together then
fly apart again
I wash my laundry in beer
How is it
that your face is in every ink blot?
You look so beautiful with wings.

submitted for Poetry Jam, Your Assignment (laundry, laugh, ghost, edges, beer)

12 comments:

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Hey-ho!

Can almosy never post here. Hardly ever from my home. (frown) Tempermental blogger!

Saw you last evening at the Ball as you danced by. You were quite involved with a most mysterious stranger out on the lawn..........

Liking this witr very much.

Have a lovely Autumn day!

~Mimi

Fireblossom said...

I love this, especially the last line!

The Bug said...

I was enjoying the theme of lost love, but then you said that about wings - sad!

Enchanted Oak said...

Where the prompt words took you was a sweet place. I love that final line. Thanks for jamming, lolamouse.

BB said...

Fantastic! Absolutely love this one.

Brian Miller said...

you love me you love me not..Words puzzle me
How they fit together then
fly apart...nice how these lines play off each other.. abit surreal but i like...

The Noiseless Cuckooclock said...

fun wonders.

JustRex said...

That sounds like some of the conversations I have in my head. You been peeking in there again?

Anonymous said...

Dear Lolamouse: Adorable poem and how I did do a double take(double do do) with the blog title! haha! Funny!Love Love Love~~~!!! Chiccoreal

Scarlet said...

I like the fun post...nice weaving of all the words...i think he loves you ~

Cassiopeia Rises said...

This is wonderful. What fun.


Melanie

Peter Goulding said...

Yes, the wings line stands out and really kicks.