*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Fire/Light

source
Now I know
the brightest light at night
isn't a star
It's the light that dances in your eyes
that sparks the flame within me

Kindling kisses
We burn through the night
throwing ourselves on the fire
to fuel more
and more
until the last glowing ember has
extinguished itself
with itself

In the morning light
we drink our coffee
In the sugar bowl
are ashes.

7 comments:

Brian Miller said...

whew...that is some heat you put off...the ashes in the sugar bowl are a great touch...throwing ourselves on the fire, smiles...

Grace said...

I like the light dancing in the eyes and burning through the night ~

Hot stuff ~

JustRex said...

Very nice. Made me sweat a little. After a night like that, don't you always feel like a phoenix, born again from the sugar bowl? (grin)

Fireblossom said...

That ending came out of no place; I love it. It reminds me of a song by my crush, Emmylou, called "We'll Sweep Out The Ashes In The Morning."

PS--this is what happens when you pick up guys at Joan Armatrading concerts. ("HOW????") You crack me up.

Anonymous said...

sensually intelligent. adore the
last lines - so real.

Ella said...

Beautiful...I love the ending!

Pat Tillett said...

It was all great, but that closing stanza was amazing. Surprising and amazing!