*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm Bored

Boredom by Kenia Cris
I'm bored
Let's play
You be Queen
I'll be Princess
No, we'll be angels
with sparkly wings
I'm bored
Let's play
I'll be a butterfly
pink and purple
Now we'll be brides
and marry kings!
I'm bored
Let's play
We're magic fairies
We're flying horses
with golden mane
I'm bored
I'm hungry
I'm tired of playing
When do we get off this train?

11 comments:

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Are we there yet......?


~twirl~twirl~twirl

:)

Anonymous said...

when do we get off the train - LOL that's what a child would say...

Susie Clevenger said...

Love it..sounds just like a bored little girl with so much imagination and so much temporary restriction.

Brian Miller said...

hehe...yep that is my kids...do this do this no this...im bored...lol

Scarlet said...

He...he...Let us play tag :-0

Very nice take.

Trellissimo said...

What a fun list of games to play to brighten up a journey - especially on a British Rail train !

not displayed said...

Oh memories of long car trips in the days before portable game consoles.
Unfortunately I only had grotty brothers so no games of princesses for me

Kerry O'Connor said...

This is a very different approach, but all too familiar too!

Let's play.

JustRex said...

I can only guess at what that felt like so long ago. When my mind was going 100 miles an hour and the world seemed to stand still.

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

Cute yet curious as to it's true meaning.

Anonymous said...

I love this - so reminiscent of travelling with young children...