*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Friday, May 25, 2012

If You Give a Mouse a Rorschach


Dewey
The professor’s name sounds pleasant
Early spring mornings
Birds chirping
What makes it look like a bird?
Or a bat
Or a butterfly
Wings
McCartney’s band after the Beatles
Looks like a beetle too, a little
Are my associations getting loose?
I wonder how many things I should find
“We’ll search forever more
This class is sorta stressing me out
I found that monster in my dresser drawer
I hate Number IV
Do you think I’m decompensating?
“Stuck inside these four walls
Sent inside forever
This is just for practice, right?



13 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

This was interesting a nice interesting piece of writing........

libithina said...

great exercise right - lovd how you linked it all together I perfectly followed your stream of thoughts - right down to beetle/beatle - how attentions were caught - questioning - state and environ - brillantly done - Love lib

Brian Miller said...

ha, sure its practice...i often let my mind ramble in class...might explain the grades though...fun trip through your mind...smiles.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, to take the Rorschach test on a poetic stream of consciousness. And I do love that mouse.

S.E.Ingraham said...

Ah - this is too close to some truths I recognize for comfort - very close - you've either been reading my mail or you've been there too, well done

http://aleapingelephant.blogspot.ca/2012/05/drinking-from-mania-cup.html

not displayed said...

this was really fun (confess I had to google Rorschach)

Kerry O'Connor said...

Oh excellent.. your SOC worked so well in this internal monologue of a mind sorta unravelling.

Claudia said...

smiles...a lovely spring morning is much better spent outside than in a classroom, no matter how pleasant the name of the professor may sound..

Bryan White said...

I used to write little free association poems like that sometimes. God, they got to be a mess.

Helena said...

lol.....right!

JustRex said...

Some of the loosest associations I've read in a while. (grin) Always fun to see how the mind of a poet works.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic ending. Kind of like, "I know the answer, but I'll ask anyway."

Anonymous said...

that was fun and insightful