*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fall To Black


"arting" by lolamouse
The summer heat has overstayed its welcome
and autumn chill is finally in the air
The gold and yellow fall down to the earth
and when I think of you, I fall to black.

October's fading light brings melancholy
Spirits resurrected from their graves
Your ghost haunts dusty corners of my memory
I see you in my dreams and fall to black.

You came to me so suddenly
You left that way as well
I try to be okay with it, but
Sometimes it's just hell.

The morning sun awakens tired limbs
but soon there will be frost upon the grass
Without a winter, there can be no spring
I close my eyes and let it fall to black.

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

i really like the simplicity of the next to last stanza but it was the one that moved me as well...and fall is that time surely...

Ella said...

So sad, yet you surround it with beauty. It offers hope that your black will change to color once again!
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

haunting words ~ effective repetition. love the image, too!

not displayed said...

Love the poem and particularly love the leaf painting. Both are so beautiful