*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Willow Manor Ball!


It's that time of year again! The Willow Manor Ball! I was a tad worried I wouldn't make it due to Frankenstorm heading our way on the East coast, but after stocking up on water, dog food, and TP, I finally was able to head out the door! I'm not going to allow a little National Disaster to dampen my party spirit! 

After much deliberation, I decided that since all men are dogs, I may as well take my poodle as my date! Let me introduce Sir Soni B. He's an older gentleman and quite a lovely date. He looks dashing in a tux and is already comfortable in tails! 

My gown this year is vintage Dior. I'm so pleased that the green sequins offset the absinthe that Tess is serving this year. What a lucky coincidence! 

I plan to dance the night away, enjoy a beautiful brunch, and then return home to see what havoc Mother Nature has wrought. Adieu!


"Junon" dress, fall/winter 1949–50 Christian Dior (French, 1905–1957); Christian Dior Haute Couture (French, founded 1947) Pale-blue silk net embroidered with iridescent blue, green, and rust sequins
What a gentleman!
 Thanks again to Tess at Life at Willow Manor for hosting this exquisite event!

10 comments:

Scarlet said...

What a lovely vintage dress...and such a charming date you have here ~

Brian Miller said...

arf arf
arf

The Blog of Bee said...

Your dress is wonderful and your date is charming. worry not about man - there are enough here to go around and we like to share.

Janine Bollée said...

Priceless.

Margaret said...

green sequins offset the absinthe

Practical and Sexy. Now that is a combination hard to beat! :)

Trellissimo said...

An elegant post, worthy of the dress! :)

ninotaziz said...

Sir Soni B looks like a proper gentleman indeed. And he was an absolute delight on the dance floor!

Yoli said...

Lovely dress and a pleasure to have met you at the ball!

Bryan White said...

That first picture is...interesting.

not displayed said...

What a beautiful gown. I hope you had a lovely time at the ball