*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Monday, December 3, 2012

La Donna Della Fiamma

 Dante Gabriel Rossetti, La Donna Della Fiamma , 1870

Hell fire in your left hand
But there is heaven in your right
I never know where I will land
if day or night
Now that I've fallen under your command

You smile and leave your brand
Burning my flesh with your dark mark
but then you kiss my pained wounds and
You light a spark
and what was once forbidden I demand

You curse me when I stand
I'm not forgiven when I fall
Now I live for your reprimand
You are my all
Dark angel, to your flames I'm on remand.

7 comments:

Scarlet said...

I like the contrast and conflict here, hell and heaven, light and darkness ~

Good work on the form, its seamless and effortless ~

Kerry O'Connor said...

Wow! This is some potent dark magic. I love it. The form is brilliantly rendered and the painting is the perfect accompaniment.

Susan said...

Sigh. You too get caught up in the drama. It's so hard to say no to a Goddess!

Pearl said...

I was in a relationship like this once...

Pearl

Bryan White said...

It's hard to comment on a poem without sounding like you're performing an autopsy. Some things just need to speak for themselves.

Beautiful as always, though.

Janine Bollée said...

Firy, glowing, burning, brandishing emotion and desire. Great poem.

Buddah Moskowitz said...

Loved the balancing act in this one. Well done.