*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Don't Go

scienceofrelationships.com
Don't go
You must always be here
with me
Every minute
Every day
Even when I close my eyes
you are here
Your image
seared under my eyelids
Your voice
burrowed in my deepest ear
Your mouth
stealing my breath like
a cat steals from a baby
replacing it
with your leaden, love laden air
What would I do
in your absence?
I cannot miss you if you
don't go.

https://twitter.com/The_ClingyBf
submitted for Imaginary Garden With Real Toads, Fireblossom Fridays, Doubletalk

7 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Yeesh! This is funny in a not so funny way!

Fireblossom said...

Sooo....you've met my ex?

This was priceless, and the pictures are classic, too.

Brian Miller said...

ha...no really leave...smiles.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Love it! And when he finally did go, didnt miss him one bit!!!!

Sherry Blue Sky said...


what's that quote - a bird in the hand doesnt fly away till you close your fingers around it???? hee hee.

Anonymous said...

i get this one!!!!

Buddah Moskowitz said...

How can I miss you if you won't go away? Loved it. - mosk