*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Little Black Dress





Here’s to the life of the little black dress
Let’s take a moment to pray
For the sheath served well when, I confess,
I weighed so much less than today.
Its hemline fell just above my knees
In the back was a flirty slit
The drape was divine, an elegant ease
But now it just doesn’t fit.
The zipper won’t budge above my bum
It shows my muffin top
The chest’s so tight that I feel numb
The seams are ready to pop.
So now I sadly lay to rest
My dress for its last gig
In a bigger black dress I must invest
For I’ve grown a bit zaftig!

submitted for napowrimo, Day 6, Valediction

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha. i am sure you can just take it out a bit...smiles...curves are better anyway you know...its just more to love...smiles.

Kathie Brown said...

LOL, such fun! My little black dress met its demise long ago!

Claudia said...

haha.. love what you said about curves...so true...now go and buy a new dress and wear it proudly..smiles

not displayed said...

I know this feeling so well. I am sure you will find another perfect LBD

Fireblossom said...

Don't worry until you get to muumuus!

I love that picture, and what it says!

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

Being born in Mexico and growing up with my 'eye' attuned to the curvacious 'latinas', I love the picture prompt and the comments made by Brian and Fireblossom.

Stereotypically, the latin women are of this wonderful stature.

:0

BB said...

I just loved this. Very original and yet so many women are going to appreciate it...I for one! Keep 'em coming!

Marianne said...

Wait! What's wrong with mu-mu's? Love this & my husband loves boobies. No diets for this chubster!