*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Persephone's Invitation

Garnet by Dragon Of Lust on Deviant Art
When you are ready for me,
wear garnet
Red
is not enough

Rubies are cloying,
cherry Koolaid red,
jellybean red
That kind of red
is for the timid

Call me with garnets,
with blood,
deep, warm things
not so sweet

Drape a string of seeds
around your neck
I will take you to dark places
where the moon fears to shine
I will bring you September;
you will wear its leaves upon your fingers

When you want me,
cloak yourself in autumn's satin
Whisper my name to the reddened, black sky
You will taste wine upon the breeze, and
Your heart will glow like a gemstone.


submitted for Imaginary Garden With Real Toads, Artistic Interpretations With Margaret, Mineral Rainbow 
and Sunday Challenge, September Skies

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Not kool-aid red (ha - loved that) but a powerful, sexy, don't doubt me deep red!

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

Wow! this is no timid rant.

lovely piece, mi amiga

Kerry O'Connor said...

Wow! This is just amazing. So rich and lush.
I love the penultimate stanza (wishing I had written it myself, or even conceived such a perfect vision of Persephone).

not displayed said...

Colour has such power when used in the right way

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is spectacularly beautiful. Such glorious imagery - I especially love the fall leaves upon the fingers.......

Magaly Guerrero said...

Nothing is as powerful as red that has been bled... from fruit.

Powerfully lush.