*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Twenty-two

I love you like the ocean loves the sand
The ceaseless waves caress and kiss the land
Impossible to separate the two
I'm who I am today because of you
Although we each have lives that are our own
Together we are better than alone
Two colors intermingled become new
Creating a much deeper, richer hue
So like the ocean's endless ebb and flow
Your constancy and love I'm blessed to know
As infinite as sand grains on the shore
I count the ways I love you more and more
Through stormy seas or placid swells we ride
The waves of life together, side by side.

submitted for Imaginary Garden With Real Toads, The Perfect Love Poem (posted late so my husband won't see it before our anniversary on the 25th!)

3 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

I couldn't imagine a more perfect anniversary gift. This is tender, sincere and beautifully poetic.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

What a beautiful, loving sonnet!

Vandana Sharma said...

Ah!! such a beautiful love filled poem :)